I want all PVS servers to dynamically display their environment on the desktop when a users logs into the desktop.
This can be achieved by:
1) adding a new ‘personality’ variable to each device in PVS
2) scripting the import of the variables from the c:personality.ini file to the windows registry
3) setting BGINFO to display the registry information at each user logon.
1) Edit the properties of the Target Device > Personality Tab > and Add your variables
2) Script the import with VB and run as a computer startup script in the GPO
Set objShel = CreateObject(“WScript.Shell”)
objShel.Run “C:Progra~1CitrixProvis~1GetPer~1.exe Environment /r=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMYCOMPANYPVSEnv”
3) Download BGINFO from sysinternals and setup the new desktop display